Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Losing Your Head Over Parenting: A Photographic Tale

 A picture of Ginny and um....

My last post about parenting books featured a picture of myself and my youngest reading books.  You'll have to take my word that that picture was of me however, because my head was not actually in it.  Last post. This is a common phenomenon once you become a parent.  Let me show you what I mean.

As soon as you have a fetus inside of you, people want to see pictures.  They don't really care about you so much as your growing girth.

That's me.  I know because those are my clothes.

The day the darling babes are born you will have a few pictures of you holding your little raisin in which your hair is a mess and your face features a look of utter exhaustion and joy.  Those will be the last pictures of your head. Quite the note to go out on.  Then when you bring them home from the hospital, all your pictures will look like this:
Where's my head?? I'm pretty sure I had one at some point, but from here on out, I'll just have to have faith because it won't be appearing in any more pictures.

Ah yes, here is us this summer with our new baby pool. I think that's me holding the baby anyway.

And Ginny's first miniature golfing.


Ginny's first boat ride.  Pretty sure that's my husband...

Family trip to Philadelphia.



Playing on the floor.

 Learning to stand.

 Going for a walk. Now you see those shoes? Now I know it's my husband because those have appeared in several other photos.

 Baby bump on me and playing with the toddler.

And playing the piano.

Now sometimes "losing your head" can be spread to other adults in the shot:
 Double whammy.

 Who's who?? You have to rely on knowing your clothing for this one.

 Chin! I see chin!  This brings me to another sect of pictures that feature just a small portion of face.  If you're lucky like me and have a fairly sizable schnoz, it can slip into quite a few pictures:



And the chin again:


Then there are the "phantom hands feeding baby" pictures:



Now to be honest, it's no wonder our heads are missing from many pictures, because let's face it, sometimes it's risky to be in the shot:

 Ouch. The hair-pull.

 Oh man, the lip-pull.

 Ooo, the glasses-pull.

And the worst of all: the ear-pick.

So folks, I don't want you to be too alarmed when you lose your head over parenting.  Sometimes it's for the best. 

Signed,

4 comments:

  1. Very well done! Thank you for yet another entertaining post. My dog was looking at me very straingely as I was laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I could provide you and your pet some entertainment--thanks for reading!

      Delete